With Memorial Day just around the corner, and summer vacation soon to follow, everyone is starting to think about their summer trips. However, sometimes road trips with the family are a little less family fun and a little more family overload. Here are 5 tips for a stress-free family road trip that are sure to make your summer travel more enjoyable.
- Service Your Car Before You Go: This includes topping off fluids and checking your tires before you head out.
- Plan Your Route: Portable GPS devices can fail so make sure you have a hard copy map in addition to your GPS.
- Bring All Your Necessities: If you’re driving with children, this means you need to ensure you have their toys to entertain them as well as drinks and snacks for along the way and when you get there. Don’t forget to bring a trash bag and baby wipes for those unexpected messes.
- Bring Entertainment: While this definitely classifies as a necessity, it’s important enough to mention on its own. Bring books, movies, music, and games and make sure you have all essential power cords.
- Stay Connected to Your Location: Toyota’s Entune® in-car system can help you look at places to stop at along the way including food stops, gas stations, and rest areas. Be sure to use the great technology Toyota puts at your finger tips!
Hopefully these 5 tips will help create a stress-free drive for you and your family. Do you have any road trip tips that you think we missed? Be sure to leave your comments below!